What is a Green Dental Practice?
The Eco-Dentistry Association defines green dentistry as a practice that:
- Reduces waste and pollution
- Saves energy, water, and money
- Incorporates high-tech innovations
- Is wellness based
We strive to follow these guidelines by practicing the 4-R's: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and most importantly, Rethink! We have re-thought dental processes and procedures, office administration and marketing, and office design and construction to incorporate sustainable and green practices everywhere we could.
Our Green Practices
It's important to us that the Earth is around for our kids for a long time to come! Here are a few specific things we do as a green dental practice:
- Steam sterilization to eliminate chemical use
- Paperless office
- Low radiation digital x-ray
- Eco-friendly dry vacuum system
- Use LED light bulbs
- Green dental imaging